Sunday, November 7, 2010

Hit by a Neurological Truck

This is my last generic "so tell me about your epilepsy" post. I'm casting about my brain for topics that aren't wangst now, bc 23 days of "people with strobe lights and subwoofers should DIAF would get real old real fast.



The night this picture was taken (and I don't remember taking it) I had had a number of seizures. A double digit number of seizures. I looked and felt like shit.

That's pretty much the standard post seizure thing. I can't really focus. I feel like I got hit by a truck. Words aren't really happening. Understanding language may not be happening. Coordination, not happening. Visual processing, not happening. Moving fast, not happening. I'm tired, have a headache, afraid of stairs because they look funny, probably not really so good with the sense making, a little wobbly, and if I can process what you say, I've got receptive logic, but I don't have the language for expressive logic.

Right after a seizure I can sign but not speak and I want to sleep and don't want to move and I look like that. I actually probably do want company, and I probably want said company to talk to me as long as they aren't upset. I don't know why either, it's just a pattern. I guess if I feel like shit, at least I'm not alone feeling like shit.

I remember pretty much nothing from the few hours following a seizure, to the point of not always knowing how I got where I am. Good times, right?

The day after I look and feel like crap too, but I can usually get through the day. It's a headachey, cognitively screwy, very tired functioning, but it is functioning.

The day after the pic at the top:

No comments: